Seeking Compensation After The Crash
If you have endured a serious accident caused by another party’s negligence, then you deserve to recover compensation for your damages.
The experienced team at Blake Jones Law Firm, has several decades of combined experience representing injured Louisiana residents.
Additionally, we handle many varieties of maritime accidents. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, including a settlement that topped $54 million. Our goal for every case is to help you find justice, recover compensation and move forward with your life.
What To Do After An Accident
After a crash, most people feel frightened and confused. However, there are some important steps that you can take after an accident that can dramatically help your case. If possible, you should:
- Seek medical treatment immediately, even if you do not have any visible injuries. Many injuries do not appear until days, weeks or even months after an accident.
- Get the name, license plate number, insurance information and contact information of the other party.
- Contact the police so they can file a formal report.
- Document the scene of the accident by taking photographs.
- Do NOT talk to any insurance companies. Insurance companies will try to downplay your injury so that they can offer a lower settlement.
There is one other crucial step to take: contacting a personal injury attorney. An attorney will advocate for you against powerful insurance companies, help you file a personal injury claim and work with you to recover the maximum amount of compensation available.
Some drivers do not purchase auto insurance or do not have enough coverage to pay for your damages. Cases involving uninsured or underinsured motorists are very complex. Fortunately, Blake Jones Law Firm, has handled numerous cases involving uninsured or underinsured motorists, and we can help you.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
After an accident, your insurance company and the other party’s insurance company will reach out to you to get a statement. However, you should not speak to any representative from an insurance company until you have talked to an attorney. Why?
Because insurance companies do not have your best interests in mind. Insurance providers have only one goal: to make a profit. They offer low-ball settlements that do not begin to cover the survivor’s damages. Before you give a statement to any insurer, talk to an attorney from Blake Jones Law Firm.